Friday, May 18, 2012

MSDN Hard Drive Pilot Program

MSDN Hard Drive Pilot Program - The idea is that rather than receiving a the large compliment of CDs/DVDs that conjure a MSDN subscription along side the monthly updates a tough disk are often delivered with the equivalent contents; this may be plugged into a USB port on your pc, accessed via a drive letter and updated via an online affiliation as needed.

Many thanks head to Howard Lo, the MVP Lead for SE Asia, who is liasing between the MSDN laborious Drive Pilot cluster and also the SE Asia MVPs for organising this pilot theme for us.

I had to place some sweat into obtaining my one out. I spent it slow at the Inland Revenue Dept and then at the Customs in Colombo.

Now its the FedEx guys. they're keeping me on my toes. Hopefully I ought to be obtaining it tomorrow.

The capability MSDN's laborious Drive Pilot was around a hundred seventy five Gb...
I thought I'd mention that I got a very interesting package from Microsoft on Friday in the form of an external USB hard drive complete with my MSDN subscription installed on it. The idea is that instead of receiving a the huge compliment of CDs/DVDs that make up a MSDN subscription along with the monthly updates a hard disk can be delivered with the equivalent contents; this can be plugged into a USB port on your computer, accessed via a drive letter and updated via an internet connection as required. I have to stress that this is a pilot scheme and there are currently no plans offer this facility to all MSDN subscribers.

Many thanks go to Howard Lo, the MVP Lead for SE Asia, who is liasing between the MSDN Hard Drive Pilot group and the SE Asia MVPs for organising this pilot scheme for us. Howard has asked that we give all feedback straight back to the MSDN Hard Drive Pilot group and hold back posting on our blogs much more than I have just done in this post for now. However, as soon as I get the green light I'll post my own views on the pilot scheme :)